Looking for a positive work environment with a great work/life balance? Our client, a high-end design firm focusing on luxury residential projects is an amazing place to work. Not only are the projects truly high-end, but the team is zero drama and there is a fair work/life balance.
You will be the creative visionary to oversee all phases of Mid-high-end, residential interior design from initial design concept to installation with our construction team. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of design, showrooms, drafting and space planning, and custom furniture design. If a leadership position is desired, you will eventually build a design team & will be responsible for delegating work and tasks accordingly.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all company-offered services including space planning, schematic design, design development, and furniture and finish selection.
- Represent firm at meetings with clients, architects, contractors, and vendors. Relay relevant information to the Construction team.
- Effectively communicate design vision and aesthetic to junior staff members. Break down and delegate tasks; oversee design team progress and timelines.
- Create and maintain budgets for each project
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding scope, feasibility, staffing, scheduling and budget requirements of each project.
- Oversee integration of design services and furniture specifications to assure each project is viewed in total.
- Verify proposals created by the design team, and oversee timely sending and receipt of proposals & delegation to admin of accounts payable, and accounts receivable for potential and ongoing projects.
- Oversee installation timelines and attend installations.
- Oversee / manage issues with contractors, vendors and clients. Identify and document problems / conflicts and determine solutions with construction project manager.
- Maintain continual communication with the team regarding project timelines and orders, including the progress of custom orders, timing for fabric selections, workroom inspections, and other project-related information.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, design showrooms and vendors through frequent communication and status updates.
- Build essential knowledge of custom furniture design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in interior design or Interior Architecture. Associate degree in Interior Design with work experience in interior design or sales of interior furnishings.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience working in a residential interior design firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Experience managing a team and effective delegation of responsibilities to meet project needs and deadlines.
- Experience managing multiple projects with specified budgets and timelines
- Experience and comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with peers, management, and other staff in a professional manner
- Must display a history of successful interior design implementations and a refined sense of style
- Initiative to follow through and solve problems creatively
- Valid driver's license and transportation
- Familiar with Google sketchup 3D, Chief architect or 2020
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Annual Salary (Depends on experience, certifications and portfolio)
- Benefits Package – PTO, Personal/Sick Days, etc.
For immediate review and consideration, contact:
Why work with JATES CONSTRUCTION INC.?
- GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Online management software training will be offered to bridge the gap between design & construction
- Exclusively focused on mid to high-end interior renovations
- We provide creative freedom on the projects you are working on
- There is opportunity for promotion to a design director role to manage subordinates within 1-2yrs
- We have a very supportive & competitive team culture & we all strive to help each other improve professionally in our roles*
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- All customers are required to wear a mask & all employees are vaccinated.
- Sketchup: 1 year (Preferred)
- Interior Design: 2 years (Required)
Number of hires for this role: